[citw150] CITW150 L2 Q4

  • From: Chris Hansen <hansenc2lcc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 16:49:41 -0700 (PDT)

The societal issue I choose to address was work at home scams.  The internet
makes these scams easy to present to people.  One doesn't have to nail signs to
telephone poles claiming "Work at home, make $5000 a week" anymore.  The
website I used to research this is:

  http://www.scambusters.org/work-at-home.html

The top three work at home scams were Mutilevel marketing (amway, quixtar),
chainletters, and envelope stuffing.  Interesting, all three of these have been
around for a long, long, time.  While the internet makes it easy for people to
bombard others with "great opportunities" people have to pay to be a part of,
it is really easy to use the internet to research any and all work at home
businesses.  Type in quixtar and see how many negative critiques you get.
After a person spends a few hundered dollars joining a club that allows them to
buy toilet paper from themselves to the tune of $1 a roll, they feel like
sounding off for some reason...

  Check out http://www.amquix.info/amway.html for a public blog and
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4375477/ for the MSNBC report on quixtar.

Chris Hansen
hansenc2lcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"When it's time to party, we will always party hard" -Andrew W.K.

 Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.