[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Lauren Brown <lrbrown15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:06:33 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with you. Since 9-11 our society and our rights have changed
tremendously. But even with all that has happened, we are still a democracy and
we deserve to have a government that sticks true to that.

Alvaro Rios <alviously@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:         The societal issue that I
looked into and chose to discuss is use of the FBI's computerized program
Carnivore to monitor personal messages and accounts on the internet.  I
personally feel that this is a gross violation of a United States citizens
right to privacy and that it infringes upon basic civil rights set forth in our
constitution.  With recent events leading to mass panic and fear over terrorist
activities, this infringement by government organizations has only increased.
We live in a demorcarcy to avoid having a governemt with too much power that
takes away the rights from its citizens. For more information visit,
http://www.crypto.com/papers/opentap.html
  Alvaro Rios

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Lauren  Brown