[arachne] Re: <Alt+E> Problems - Files in body

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:01:41 -0500

Hi Gregy,
                    All you say may be right re: PATH.
I don't have time to test it any further right now.
I did try it out before and it seemed to go longer
than 127 characters in M$6.20.  I didn't try past
about  300 characters in M$7.0. I repeat again,
the path statement is very tricky in my experience.
It is definitely different in M$6.20 and M$7.0.
In addition it will not accept %xxx% envir. var. from
the command line in M$6.20. It obviously works
differently in different DOS versions and if one
uses it then one must make sure he has it set
up correctly for his DOS version.
In M$7.0 the cmnd. line will only accept about 127
characters. But the path statement can be made
longer (you say 1023 chctrs.) by the methods
previously shown by several listers.

BTW,  thanks for the PUSHPOP.ZIP .  There seem
to be several different versions floating around.

Eric