[arachne] Re: <Alt+E> Problems - Files in body

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 02:23:04 -0500

Hi Rob,
                 Lester already told me that Arachne
is in d:\arc\ directory. So, I would expect to see
at least that directory in the "path statement".

Ie:    path= d:\fdos\bin;d:\arc

similar to the path statement you wrote:

> /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

I was just trying to give an example. I was not
telling him he had to copy my path.  I was just
suggesting that d:\arc\ should be in his path
when he is running Arachne. That way batch files
that he puts in d:\arc\, his main arachne directory,
will be always accessible when he shells to dos
and changes drives and/or directories.

In DOS, many individual programs change the path
statement when they are run and then return the
original path statement when they are shut down.
If he doesn't want d:\arc\ in his path all the time then
a simple batch file, run when he starts Arachne,
could add it to the path and remove it from the path
when he shuts Arachne down.

BTW,  I have never seen a working DOS setup that
only had one directory in it's path. That would mean
that everything would have to be put into that directory
to be globally accessible. That would be poor organization
of files in my opinion.

Eric