[arachne] Re: <Alt+E> Problems - Files in body

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:29:12 +1030

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 2:21:43 -0600, Glenn Gilbreath Jr. wrote:

> Note:
> MS DOS 6.22 "appends" the PATH statement to include
> the full length in the "environment variable path" using the
> line in a BATCH file such as:
> set path=c:\;c:\dos;c:\batch;c:\dosinet;c:\programs
> set path=%path%,C:\myapps

That second line would be executed as
set path=c:\;c:\dos;c:\batch;c:\dosinet;c:\programs,C:\myapps

If you leave echo turned on, you will see this.

> The result of issuing "path" at command line then appends
> c:\myapps to the list above

No, it rewrites the path variable. The end result is the same, but the
whole line has to be put into the command buffer before the PATH
variable can be rewritten.

DAMMITOL!

HASN'T ANYONE BOTHERED TO TRY THIS IN A BATCH FILE WITH ECHO TURNED ON?

SHEEEEESH! I'm fed up to the eyeballs with all this theorizing from
people who are too lazy (or whatever) to try it for themselves!

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v