[Wittrs] Re: When is "brain talk" really dualism?

  • From: "blroadies" <blroadies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:31:29 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Cayuse" <z.z7@...> wrote:

> The point is that we can't assume that it's generated.

Being aware that we are drunk. Why can' we speak of it as being
"generated?" My reluctance is to say "the brain did it" when, to all
appearances, my drinking and my reaction to the drinking is what did it.
SWM acknolwedges that the person is drunk but the sense of the drunk is
caused by the brain. The places the brain outside the person, so to
speak because a cause has to be separate from its effect

bruce