[Wittrs] Re: When is "brain talk" really dualism?

  • From: "rgoteti" <rgoteti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 01:07:43 -0000

> But I suggest that you are allowing this MYSTERY to mesemerize you. The later
> Wittgenstein, I submit, realized this which is why he pulled away from his
> earlier Tractarian way of thinking and told us that everything is before us,
> that the philosopher has nothing new to say, that all we have to do is look
> and then we will see things more clearly.
>
> SWM

  This is what is looking to things as they are.Any sensible philosopher
suggests the same all over the globe.Usually people do not look to things as
they are but as they expected them to be.This is what is happening either in
casual talk or philosophical talk.

 KUMARILA BHATTU (Vedic exponent) said that words convey their own meanings,
not related to something else. Descriptive sentences are significant. Sentence
meaning as composed of separate word meanings held together in a relational
structure. Word meaning formed is the simplest unit of sense. Persons thus
learn the meaning of words by seeing others talking as well as from advice of
elders.

thank you
sekhar