[Wittrs] Re: When is "brain talk" really dualism?

  • From: "Rajasekhar" <rgoteti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 02:32:30 -0000

> Do we have a mental life or not? By "mental life" I mean mental images,
> thoughts, memories, beliefs, sensations, etc. When we sleep do we dream? When
> we're awake can we daydream? When we're not paying attention to our immediate
> surroundings but lost in thought, are there mental things going on? When we
> meditate do we run the risk of being lost in our own thoughts? Do we have
> minds or is the word "mind" a misnomer, a non-starter or simply another word
> for "brain"? (I'll leave the discussion of what dualism is to a later stage
> assuming we reach it.) Thanks. -- SWM

Language constructed over dualistic platform.Sound and symbol is the base of
language.So the beginning is the end.One need not go in to
biology,neurology,micro biology, neuron science and all the rest.In principle
sound is atomic in nature and symbol is gross.Sound makes one to perceive
symbol and project a picture of the labelled.This is the gross mechanism of
language.Symbol is static and sound being variable combined to form a lustrous
picture to follow.Humans are following these pictures only.Seeing pictures
people make concepts, formulate theories and the rest.This is what Wittgenstein
calls a  language game.

Knowledge is a cluster of statements. Essence of accumulated knowledge is
called as intuition, which instigate, HOW? Word as is an image and its produced
image is mounted upon primary image. Two lifeless images are interacting
because of sound.

thank you
sekhar