[haiku-development] Re: Finally deciding on a new source control system for Haiku

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 20:22:35 +0100

You usually shouldn't be concerning yourself about what's happening on
these forks, as a lot of them will be uninteresting. The people who
have changes that are intended for you will be those that add a pull
request, which creates an issue on the master repository, which you
can merge using the merge button[0].

Ok, this sounds nice, but it means we have to give up the current trac setup as well as svn. I guess we get no "merge button" if we use the github-trac integration, and that it is not possible to integrate a buildbot or coding style checker in between. These are things we are planning for our Trac, and would also be of great help. That's why keeping an hand on the servers we use may be nice.

--
Adrien.