[haiku-development] Re: Finally deciding on a new source control system for Haiku

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 10:35:24 +0200

2011/5/2 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> However, with tools like git-svn working perfectly fine, and our main
> repository working pretty much how SVN works, what is the exact motivation to
> switch? We can already have developer branches at github if we want to, and
> everyone can already use git locally now. I would definitely not want to
> sacrifice our current Trac integration for git on the server.

Does that work fine with vendor-branch handling? Also if this is a
workflow that is recommended I'd want it documented, I've been
experimenting with how I should work efficiently with our SVN repo,
and it has taken me much time and not gotten me further.[1]
The big advantage I see is that we would have a workflow that is
already streamlined instead of every developer needing to figure it
out on his own.

[1] My workflow uses the readonly git-repo for development, create a
diff and patch my SVN copy, build again and then commit. It is
probably not optimal.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH