[haiku-development] Re: Finally deciding on a new source control system for Haiku

  • From: Mike Smith <scgtrp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 11:13:26 -0400

> Thanks for your perspective. I'd be interested in hearing from other
> GSoC students in whether switching now would make things more
> difficult for them.

(Note: It's not yet clear whether I'll be developing in the main Haiku
tree at all. I'm writing the following as if I am.)

This depends a lot on what "now" means. If everything will be switched
over to $newvcs by the time coding starts I'm in favor of switching
now; if it means "sometime within the next 3 months" I would be
somewhat less in favor - having to deal with switching VCSs in the
middle of the project would be a hassle. (That said, I think svn sucks
enough that I'd still not be too annoyed if we switched to hg halfway

Other related posts: