[haiku-development] Re: Finally deciding on a new source control system for Haiku

  • From: Phil Garcia <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 23:02:39 -0700

>> Would it be crazy to just use GitHub? They are the Git pros, it has a
>> lot of nice tools, it is easy to add and remove collaborators, it is
>> easy to fork and then merge back in changes, it is free for open
>> source projects, it is used by tons of other projects, and more.
>
> +1. Personally I think using github is a great idea.  We would save
> a lot of server admin resources going this route.  In addition to
> the savings in resources, the code would remain secure as well.

Here's another +1. There are other large open source projects, like
Mono, that use GitHub with great confidence. The website and ability
to fork online makes GitHub very accessible to everyone from casual
observers to the most active developers.

For what it us worth, I think it would be a good move for this project.

Sent from my iPad