[haiku-development] Re: Finally deciding on a new source control system for Haiku

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 00:43:26 +0200

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 22:54:31 +0100 Adrien Destugues
<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's time for the switch. I think all (most ?) developpers agree on
> that. Tracking patches that get out of sync with the tree is taking more
> time than needed, handling the commits from the GSoC students by hand,
> messing with branches and merging changes around, are tasks that should
> mostly be done by the tools. svn has trouble handling them.
> The problem is (was?) to know which alternative is best for us. The
> commitee was setup to decide on that. The next step is flipping the
> switch, I think...

Here's a misunderstanding. The committee/task force/... is not a decision
making entity. Their goal was to examine the possible tools and prepare a list
of arguments for and against each, considering possible work flows for Haiku's
development process. Which tool will be chosen is to be decided by the Haiku
developers.

CU, Ingo