[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:33:04 +0000 (GMT)

Martin S
I do try not to exhibit certainty -- it is such a dangerous practise -- but I
do fail from time to time. In this instance I was relying upon comment I've
seen in other areas which I judged to be reliable and you have found an error
in my judgement. I've seen Wise mentioned in creationist context but I can't
recall whether I've actually read him on any subject. You judge correctly that
I am not well read in creationist literature -- it just gets so frustrating
reading over and over the same dissertations you've read convincingly debunked
elsewhere in concert with the fact that there are some very different positions
espoused in the creationist camp.
However I am interested in reading his definition of kinds. I guess if I had
known of the term 'baraminology' I would most cetainly have typed it int that
little box and pressed 'Go'. I will also check those two references you've
given and the one involving the Smithsonian if you provide it to me.
You have told us -- I think me -- previously if memory serves me, of Dembski's
difficulties with a scholarly journal and I'd venture the opinion -- on your
assertion -- that he was perhaps unfairly treated. But in fairness, would a
religious/creationist/evangelical publication be likely to publish an article
expressing a contrary view on say, The Resurrection, or Lazarus' resurrection,
or walking on water, regardless of the author's impeccable scientific
credentials?
Its 04h30 and I have an appointment with my dentist this afternoon -- SLEEP!
Paul D
PS I thought your comment on No Subject amusing. At least I think so -- all
those negatives get me confused!