[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: "philip madsen" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:50:30 +1000

But Paul just a post back you actually said it is my conviction.....Is that not
faith.

conviction (OPINION)   Show phonetics
noun
1 [C or U] a strong opinion or belief:
religious/moral convictions
a deep/strong/lifelong conviction
[+ that] It's my personal conviction that all rapists should be locked away for
life.

2 [U] a feeling of certainty about something:
He said he was enjoying his new job, but his voice lacked conviction.

faith (TRUST)   Show phonetics
noun [U]
great trust or confidence in something or someone:
She has no faith in modern medicine.
You'll cope - I have great faith in you.
After the trial, his family said they had lost all faith in the judicial system.
Ministers must start keeping their promises if they want to restore faith in
the government.