[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:46:58 +0100

Dear Paul,
The following is a quote from the attachment I sent you.

' Therefore left-handed chirality in the amino acids of life are an absolute
necessity. However it has also been discovered that nucleic acids are all
right-handed. Therefore Miller's racemates are useless for abiogenesis.'

This should explain your 'contradiction'.

Paul said...
It would be lethal to a cell, by preventing metabalism, if a right-handed
molecule was inserted. Therefore all cells have their metabalism lethally
prevented, making life is impossible. But life exists. E-r-r-o-r --
d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t -- e-r-r-o-r ............

With respect Paul your statement is nonsense and is answered above. Therefore
life exists because there is no mixed chirality.

Regarding 2nd L.O.T., I gave you a link to a website that explains it fully -
have a look at it.

Paul said...

This is not a discussion starter -- you've made it plain you won't engage.
However I will make a statement. Life exists. It is perfectly reasonable to
explore the possibility of evolution acting on existing life. Many problems --
not just the mechanism of evolution -- can be attacked by simultaneously
addressing different parts of the problem. It happens all the time! Often
referred to as parallel processing.

I agree with what you have just said but as I previously stated I will not get
drawn into digression. Before discussing how to build a skyscraper it would be
prudent to figure-out what kind of a foundation it will need. You could
speculate on using sand or wood or rock, but a little experimenting and a
little research will soon tell you that sand and wood would be useless. However
I will just make this one comment about your statement above. Yes evolution
does act on life today and that is why there are so many variations within each
kind of animal (microevolution). However evolution cannot account or
demonstrate the transition over time of one kind evolving into another kind
(macro evolution). Cats have always been cats, spiders have always been spiders
and humans have always been humans. Don't be tempted to start talking about
'Lucy'!

Regards

Jack

    ...because without it there will be nothing to evolve.

  This is not a discussion starter -- you've made it plain you won't engage.
However I will make a statement. Life exists. It is perfectly reasonable to
explore the possibility of evolution acting on existing life. Many problems --
not just the mechanism of evolution -- can be attacked by simultaneously
addressing different parts of the problem. It happens all the time! Often
referred to as parallel processing.

  You've detailed some difficulties of dealing with evolutionists. Well others
have difficulties dealing with creationists, especially fundamentalist
creationists. The immediate problem I see is an inability to deal with part of
a problem. Such people need certainty in everything and of course this is not
possible if the problem is incomplete.