[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:51:02 +0100

Dear Paul,
Now you can see what I mean about being drawn into other areas of evolution
before coming to a consensus about abiogenesis first. E.g. Transitionals and
the definition of a kind. Again you show your ignorance of evolution by asking
what did the kangaroo, or lemur or carnivorous caterpillars micro evolve from?
Creationist's say that, as the fossil record confirms, that all the different
kinds were created and that subsequent microevolution may have changed them a
little e.g. alligators, kangaroos and dragonflies or a lot e.g. dogs, cats and
monkeys but they still all  remained the same kind.

Regarding 'Archy' as it is affectionately know is a bird. Just for minute Paul
ask yourself why there are not an infinite number of transitional types spread
right across the fossil record? Surely plain common sense tells you that it
cannot just be the plain 'kinds' that got fossilised. Even Darwin was worried
that he hadn't come across any and that his theory was dependant upon finding
them. A recent curator of the Natural History Museum is on record as saying
that he had never seen or heard of a transitional fossil; if you want the quote
I can provide it. I think that had Darwin lived a lot longer he would have
retracted his theory because the transitionals, as he envisioned, have never
materialised. There are only a few listed as transitionals and of course
creationists as well as others dispute them. You must remember that there a lot
of scientists who do not accept evolution and who are not creationists. If your
are right then there must be millions of indisputable transitionals.
Creationists are, by-and-large, content with secular science's definition of
what a kind is - so don't bother to go down that road with me - but by all
means check it out for yourself.