Re: [ARMini-support] Backup my ARMX6 to a NAS (Synology)

  • From: Jim Nagel <jimmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 00:41:13 GMT

Tim Powys-Lybbe wrote on 26 Nov:

[Jim wrote:] Latest version of the Sunfish NFS client -- at
www.cp15.org/networking -- is 2.05, dated 2010-05-22 ...

Curiouser and curiouser.

The version supplied with my ARMX6 machine says it is 2.05 but dated
08 Jun 2013, which is the date of the RunImage file. Perhaps the
significance of these dates is only that the RunImage file has been
recompiled from the old but open source code.

Andrew Rawnsley wrote on Nov26:
Chris Gransden updated it for ARMv7 in 2014.

Then shouldn't the version number have been incremented to avoid
confusion? And something added to !Sunfish.Changelog (which is still
dated 2010)?

Unforch the systems some people use to build disc images (or copies of
auxiliary stuff like modules when they supply them with a new version
of their application) tend to disrespect datestamps, turning them into
either the date of making the copy or into 1970. Makes for muddle.

Perhaps this could be tidied up when the updated Sunfish and Moonfish
are eventually made available from Plingstore.

--
Jim Nagel www.archivemag.co.uk