Re: [ARMini-support] Backup my ARMX6 to a NAS (Synology)

  • From: Grahame <grahame.parish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 21:25:17 GMT

In message <58236305-A07F-4755-8CCD-A773C175A57A@xxxxxxxxx>
Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've got my ARMX6 going and it is a bit faster and noticeably smoother
than VRPC on my Mac. No trouble with any applications so far. It
works well with the internet.

I have a spare SD card in drive :0 so can do local backups easily.

I am now trying to back up to a local (i.e. on the same network) NAS
server. Sunfish's browser does not see this server. If I enter the
local address and port with:

192.168.0.190:5000

I get the error message of:

Error when sending or receiving data (Connection refused)

If I try instead the server name of Syn_DiskStation, I get this error:

Unable to resolve hostname 'Syn_DiskStation'

The server file system is configured to: ext4 (probably needed for the Mac).

Any ideas on where I go from here?

I back up my ARMX6 to a Synology DS414 NAS over NFS with Sunfish. I've
never needed to specify a port for the connection, so I assume it's
using the default port in Sunfish. Works well and backs using with
7backup scheduled by Organizer to mirror the SSD contents.
--
Grahame Parish