Re: [ARMini-support] Backup my ARMX6 to a NAS (Synology)

  • From: Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:19:15 GMT

In message <57252BAD-54F4-4FE8-B6A6-EFAED735A220@xxxxxxxxx>
Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 22 Nov 2015, at 9:25 p.m., Grahame <grahame.parish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

In message <58236305-A07F-4755-8CCD-A773C175A57A@xxxxxxxxx>
Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip of resolved problems of getting Sunfish to work - cured by turn
on NFS server in the NAS box>

I back up my ARMX6 to a Synology DS414 NAS over NFS with Sunfish. I've
never needed to specify a port for the connection, so I assume it's
using the default port in Sunfish. Works well and backs using with
7backup scheduled by Organizer to mirror the SSD contents.

Now for 7backup. I am trying to get this to copy the SSD disk on the
ARMX6 to the NAS box.

I have yet to create an obey file to run 7Backup and am just entering
names for the Source and Destination by manually running 7Backup.

I have failed in both my attempts to guess the right name for the
destination:

Failure No 1:
-------------
7backup started Thu,26 Nov 2015.23:13:22
Source: SCSI::SSD.$
Destination: Sunfish::syn_diskstation/volume1/ARMX6/7backup.$

7backup: File name 'Sunfish::' not recognised in "Routines:file.cdir" (210)

7backup: stopped at Thu,26 Nov 2015.23:13:22

Failure No 2:
------------
7backup started Fri,27 Nov 2015.09:26:50
Source: SCSI::SSD.$
Destination: NFS::syn_diskstation/volume1/ARMX6/7backup.$

7backup: File name 'NFS::' not recognised in "Routines:file.cdir" (210)

7backup: stopped at Fri,27 Nov 2015.09:26:50

Can anyone give me some guidance, please?

Look at the canonicalised name in the filer window for the SunFish (or
Sunfish) drive and check what you have typed. Try
*Filer_OpenDir Sunfish::syn_diskstation/volume1/ARMX6/7backup.$
and that won't work either as you have a mixture of '/' and '.' as
directory separators! You need to get the Unix and RISC OS filename
conventions sorted out.

--
Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>