Re: [ARMini-support] Backup my ARMX6 to a NAS (Synology)

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 22:51:46 GMT

In message <2F4BC1FF-1FA9-4FD5-8C72-C0E24D1E3395@xxxxxxxxx>
Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 26 Nov 2015, at 5:17 p.m., Jim Nagel <jimmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tim Powys-Lybbe wrote on 26 Nov:
... My conclusion so far is that Sunfish is preferable. But I take
the point that it is no longer supported.

Latest version of the Sunfish NFS client -- at www.cp15.org/networking
-- is 2.05, dated 2010-05-22. Alex Waugh put his source code there
too, so I guess ongoing development is not impossible.

Curiouser and curiouser.

The version supplied with my ARMX6 machine says it is 2.05 but dated 08
Jun 2013, which is the date of the RunImage file. Perhaps the
significance of these dates is only that the RunImage file has been
recompiled from the old but open source code.

Chris Gransden updated it for ARMv7 in 2014.

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS