Re: [ARMini-support] Backup my ARMX6 to a NAS (Synology)

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:54:23 +0000

On 26 Nov 2015, at 10:51 p.m., A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In message <2F4BC1FF-1FA9-4FD5-8C72-C0E24D1E3395@xxxxxxxxx>
Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 26 Nov 2015, at 5:17 p.m., Jim Nagel <jimmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<little snip>

Latest version of the Sunfish NFS client -- at www.cp15.org/networking
-- is 2.05, dated 2010-05-22. Alex Waugh put his source code there
too, so I guess ongoing development is not impossible.

Curiouser and curiouser.

The version supplied with my ARMX6 machine says it is 2.05 but dated 08
Jun 2013, which is the date of the RunImage file. Perhaps the
significance of these dates is only that the RunImage file has been
recompiled from the old but open source code.

Chris Gransden updated it for ARMv7 in 2014.

Wow! A tad of support! Thanks to Chris and presumably also to yourself for
organising it.

But the change log was not updated to include this.

And another but: I am delighted that some support is available as it makes for
a nice program, once I had turned on the NFS interface on my NAS box.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe
tim@xxxxxxxxx