[ARMini-support] Backup my ARMX6 to a NAS (Synology)

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:01:06 +0000

I've got my ARMX6 going and it is a bit faster and noticeably smoother than
VRPC on my Mac. No trouble with any applications so far. It works well with
the internet.

I have a spare SD card in drive :0 so can do local backups easily.

I am now trying to back up to a local (i.e. on the same network) NAS server.
Sunfish's browser does not see this server. If I enter the local address and
port with:

192.168.0.190:5000

I get the error message of:

Error when sending or receiving data (Connection refused)

If I try instead the server name of Syn_DiskStation, I get this error:

Unable to resolve hostname 'Syn_DiskStation'

The server file system is configured to: ext4 (probably needed for the Mac).

Any ideas on where I go from here?

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe
tim@xxxxxxxxx