Re: [ARMini-support] CDVDBurn

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:07:05 +0200 (Custom)

In article <5392ba4045jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 0:1.0  Read-only         Unknown     Optiarc  DVD RW AD-7740H  1.00

> which shows the drive as "Read only".

> So might that be the cause of the problem?

*devices
Device Type              Capacity    Vendor   Product          Revision
0:0.0  Read-only         Unknown     PIONEER  DVD-RW DVRTD11RS 1.01
0:1.0  Direct-access     Unknown     Multiple Card  Reader     1.00

As you can see, my Pioneer drive is also typed as Read-only, but writing is
very well possible. So, that cannot be the problem.

On the other hand, although writing CD's goes fast and smoothly, I haven't
yet had any success when writing DVD's. I suppose that it's very hard to
write software that can cope with the many different standards that are
around among the multiple brands of CD/DVD writers.

Have you tried to alter the driver? There's a 'howto' document by Steffen
Huber, which explains the configurable settings. I've tried a few (actually
hardly knowing what I do, in spite of that document), but without any
noticeable result - CD's can still be written, DVD's not. Hopefully, a new
version of !DVDBurn will have increased compatibility.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers

--
http://www.riscos.sprie.nl