Re: [ARMini-support] CDVDBurn

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 16:29:13 +0100

On 06 Oct, Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <53964fa63fjcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Lesurf
>    <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anyone else had this problem?

> Cannot yet speak for the PandaBoard (one is on order at the moment), but
> I have had problems copying large files (10 MB - 1.8GB) on both BB and
> RPi, where the process freezes part way through and a hard reset is
> required.

Just to check, I tried this again with the 2048MB file and it failed again.

After a power cycle I tried it with a 1700 MB file. Same result.

I thought there was a 'file splitter' prog/app I could use to split a large
file into smaller chunks. But I've been searching the web and only found
mentions of a !Split app that is 26bit which I hesitate to even try.

Anyone suggest an app that would split a large file into, say, 512MB
chunks? If this works correctly I can cat them together again on the Linux
box. Otherwise I'll see if I can DIY a program to do this.

Slainte,

Jim