Re: [ARMini-support] CDVDBurn

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:02:31 +0200 (Custom)

In article <9542d58f53.cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Cristopher Dewhurst <cdewhurst2010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The one time I received a reply from Stefan he sent me version 2.09s
> of CDVDBurn for beta tests.

That's the one that he has sent me too.

> I've never been able to reliably burn CDs/DVDs on the Beagleboard and
> Raspberry Pi with any version. It sometimes works and sometimes
> doesn't and I've never got the same set of errors twice in a row to
> begin to narrow down what the trouble might be.

Well, my first experience is encouraging. I've wiped an old CD-RW and have
written new data on to it. Everything went smooth and fast!
I haven't yet written to a DVD-RW, nor to an Audio-CD, but as soon as I've
done that, I will report it here.

> It's actually the only reason I've been hanging on to my Iyonix (to
> burn CDs) though I am saving hard for an Armini with DVD drive....

May I suggest that you save a bit harder even, and go for an ARMiniX.
It's running here since a few weeks now, and although I've left my Iyonix
switched on, I haven't yet felt the need to return for whatever task.

For Sale: a second hand Iyonix.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers

--