Re: [ARMini-support] CDVDBurn

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 13:30:40 +0100

Update on this:

I've now managed to successfully burn a DVD+R at 'x16' speed. This required
all the buffer sizes in the Driver file to be '128' and to also set the
'continuous' value to '128'. The result works OK when viewed on a Linux
box, and also with a right-click on CDVDBurn. But as before CDFS fails to
mount/access the disc.

Tried various speeds and settings, but still no success with 'disc at once'
(DAO) audio'. Alas, I remain baffled about the various settings so am
stabbing into the dark.

WRT DAO Its a situation I refer to as 'lost in space'. There are a number
of setting (dimensions) which can be changed. And the right value of each
may be required. So I'm trying to 'hit a battleship' in a many-dimensions
'space' with a fair sized 'grid'. :-/

FWIW The test DVD+R burns all use an isoimage I created that uses the 'WSS'
mappings and with lower case letters in the disc name. Maybe that is
confusing CDFS. IIRC earlier versions of CDVDBurn would not allow me to
give lower-case characters as part of the disc name. So I'll experiment
with this when I get a chance.

Jim