Re: [ARMini-support] CDVDBurn

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 10:34:38 +0100

I decided to test copying the isoimage files to my Linux laptop so I could
compare a DVD+R generated that way with one generated on my ARMiniX.

I'd successfully written a 3.7GB DVD+R at x16 speed on my ARMiniX. This
took an hour and 20 mins. The result reads OK with my Linux boxes, and also
with a right-click on CDVDBurn. But - as with all the previous test DVD+Rs
- CDFS simply gives 'target error - illegal request'. So clearly something
is wrong either with the discs or CDFS.

For obvious reasons I needed to copy the files onto a storage device that
is fat32. I used a blank 16GB SD card.

However the process froze my ARMiniX. The progress window opened, then
things froze. I waited some time and had to then power cycle the machine
with the card removed.

When I checked the card had the directory and one 0-byte file. So the
initial directory and file creation was OK, but the actual copying failed.

The file in question is 2048MB as CDVDBurn breaks bigger images into such
chunks.

Anyone else had this problem?

I've asked Steffen about it, and will also ask Jeff (Fat32Fs). But maybe
the files need to be smaller as otherwise I can't transfer them.

Jim