Re: [ARMini-support] CDVDBurn

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 17:33:49 +0100

On 06 Oct, Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <5396701ce5jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Lesurf
>    <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Otherwise I'll see if I can DIY a program to do this.

> Should be fairly simple to write a utility to read a file say 512B at a
> time and write the blocks into a second file, then after you have
> reached say 256 MB, close outfile1 and then read the blocks and write in
> to outfile2, and continue in the same way 'til the input file has been
> completely read i.e. eof reached.

Agreed. I was thinking of using fread and fwrite to do it in larger chunks.
But I'm hesitating in the hope that either someone has already done a
version that runs on the ARMiniX or that Jeff/Steffan provide a fix or
workaround. No point in my re-inventing a wheel if someone else has already
done better! :-)

Logically speaking, it would be sensible if CDVDBurn allowed a large image
to be split into smaller chunks than 2048MB. Ideally, a user-selectable
choice. But again, the failure to be able to copy > 1024MB shouldn't arise
anyway!

[Added later]

Jeff has now told me that Fat32fs has been coded to work for files up to
4GB - 1 byte in size. So it looks like the problem isn't Fat32Fs as such.
Is there a deeper problem here with the ARMiniX or RO5.19?

So far I've only been trying an SD card in the SD card slot. When I get
a chance I'll try a usb stick or a 'SD-USB' reader with an SD card to
see if these give the same problem.

Slainte,

Jim