Re: [ARMini-support] CDVDBurn

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:06:00 +0100

In message <538faa3384Paul@xxxxxxxx>
          Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear all,

> I can't get my copy of !CDVDBurn to work on the ARMiniX. It doesn't pass
> the Initialising... window, while 'Scanning for Iyonix IDE device 0' -
> which obviously isn't there. The computer freezes, but can be brought back
> to life with Alt-Break.

> Apart from an empty directory, called Iyonix, within the application
> directory, I can't find any further reference to the Iyonix. Removing that
> directory doesn't help.

> Although I barely use the burning facilities nowadays, it still is
> inconvenient if it doesn't work when finally needed.

You'll need to contact Steffen about updated versions.  To be honest,
success (even with the USB version) seems variable depending on
drives.  Sadly the "best" drives I've seen are no longer available, so
I can't comment how easy it'll be to coax the drive into action - I'm
told that driver files are needed for most/some drives (the "best"
drives I mentioned just worked immediately with no fuss!).

To be honest, my own use of CDburn is to create ISO images which I
then store on the NAS or on a shared PC drive, and double click the
ISO on a PC to burn.  This seems very reliable, and hassle-free.
However, it is probably more applicable to my use of CDs - creating
masters which are then burned repeatedly/duplicated for customers.

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS