Re: [ARMini-support] CDVDBurn

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 10:50:35 +0100

On 01 Oct, jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When I check with the CDVDBurn tools the audio CD has no tick in the
> 'writable' box and clicking on the 'finalise' button does nothing.

> However when I view the Data DVD+R there *is* a tick in the 'writable'
> box... but again clicking the 'finalise' button does nothing.

I'm spending most of my time on 'something else' at present (writing a prog
to examine DVB T/T2 streams). However I keep experimenting with the DVD
writing. The more I look at this, the odder it gets!

I wondered if I could fix the 'unfinalised' DVD+R using Linux so I loaded
the above disc into the drive of my laptop. Almost out of habit I clicked
on the cdrom0 icon to see what it would do.

The disc mounted fine, and I could examine the contents!

So the DVD+R I burnt with CDVDBurn *does* seem to be finalised.

But again, in my ARMiniX drive I get "Target error" and it won't mount.

If I try CDROMFS instead of CDFS I get "Drive empty".

So seem to be able to - sloooooowly - burn a DVD+R with CDVDBurn, but can
then only read it on a Linux box *not* on the ARMiniX.

The disc only has about 1.2GB of content.

Anyone make sense of this?

Jim