[arachne] Re: <Alt+E> Problems - Files in body

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <sernemo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:17:05 -5000

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:43:59 +1030, Greg Mayman wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:01:41 -0500, Eric S. Emerson wrote:

>> Arachne at FreeLists---The Arachne Fan Club!

>> In M$7.0 the cmnd. line will only accept about 127
>> characters.
>> But the path statement can be made
>> longer (you say 1023 chctrs.) by the methods
>> previously shown by several listers.

> No, what I said was that the command line in batch file can be made up
> to 1023 characters long, and if you enter one more the command is
> rejected with a "bad command or filename" mesage.

> This means that the PATH variable is limited to 1018 characters by the
> allowable length of the command line input in the batch file since the
> command has to start with the characters P A T H and space, that is five
> characters.

Greg,
       Whatever....you are saying the same thing
that I am in a different way....I didn't say
the "path variable" was 1023 chctrs..
What I said was the "path statement can be made
longer". The path statement includes the "path=".
The path statement is what is printed out on the
screen when I type PATH at the cmnd line and then
press ENTER. I get a statement that looks like
this: "path=c:\;c:\dos" . Please note the "="
sign. I always get an "=", never a space.

Eric

-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/