Re: [PCWorks] Should I re-install Windows XP?

  • From: David Grossman <dgrossman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:45:58 +0300

Exhilaration.

That's the feeling when you've been working on resolving a setup problem in
a simple, cheapo all-in-one printer for nearly a week, and you FINALLY get
it to work.

I hope I'll be able to help some others on the group one day. Hey - stop
laughing. Granted, I'm certainly not an expert like you guys, but you can
never tell when I may have some unique knowledge or experience.

Let me give you my take on HP.com support:

At the end of the day, they only helped with two things - the Microsoft
uninstaller (which didn't work very well) and the XML parser. All of the
other issues were solved only by using the sage advice of you wonderful
people at PC Works.

I do not believe that my support techie, "Diana," is a real person or only
one person. Apparently, HP.com outsources tech support to people who don’t
know English very well. Each time the issue is returned to them for
assistance somebody else seems to have handled it. That would explain the
many stupid inconsistencies, omissions, repetitions, and corrections.

Perhaps they have a system (called Diana?) that scans the first lines of a
request for tech support and then it shoots out a boilerplate response. That
would explain the fact that it could send out the same frustrating response
over and over again, even though it didn't work the first times.

HP.com boasts 24/7 support. They never claim that it is human support.

My warm thanks to you guys again.

David Grossman
Checked by AVG.
6:53 PM