Re: [PCWorks] Should I re-install Windows XP?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 09:27:18 -0500

Why could you uninstall all the files, what exactly happened?

The error message from the Solution Center only points to an
.xml file, just look at it like a webpage (just a different
format).  It should not be needed.  I don't mean "look at it",
I mean consider it sort of like a webpage.  The next screen was
blank because the contents of the xml file could be read
(parsed).

I don't know why HP Photosmart Essentials doesn't respond.
What exactly happens when you click it?  Click it from
elsewhere, you could be clicking just an icon .ico file.
Again, it could require a Service be running for it to open.

In order for a scanner to work, again another Service, "Windows
Image Acquisition" has to be running.  If it is, and the
scanner is indeed ON, that's another problem.  Sometimes USB
devices like printers or scanners have an auto shutoff, and
auto-on, and they don't always come on when they're supposed to
via the software commands, they may have to be mechanically
turned on.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner