Re: [PCWorks] Should I re-install Windows XP?

  • From: Hugh Vandervoort <hughv2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 03:48:27 -0400

The Windows fax program treats the Fax function as a print function.
When you've completed your fax and cover sheet, you select "Print" and
the "Fax Printer" is selected-you don't need a fax machine at all, but
you must have a phone line connected to the computer. I don't know what
will be possible with the machine. See what the install shows. Fax
technology is definitely dead, in any case. You can always scan your
document and then fax it, using the above method.