[opendtv] Re: DTV awareness

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 05:13:15 -0400

At 1:24 PM -0700 7/7/08, John Willkie wrote:
ah -- the "monitor tax." :-) Rememer when Frank Eory said that the tuner mandate would lead sellers to only offer monitors? Or was it that consumers would only buy monitors?

Just like they buy cars without tires.

Even if I had purchased a TV with an ATSC/QAM tuner I would still have the Cox HD-PVR.

There is so much more to TV than OTA broadcast - we now have nearly 30 HD channels in Gainesville, with more on the way.