[opendtv] Re: DTV awareness

  • From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 02:48:34 -0700

That seems a little far-fetched to me. You're saying that:

1) There's a PBS station (or any station) sending A/97 packets in San Diego/TJ
2) That Cox is passing on the A/97 packets
3) That your Mom's TV is A/97 compliant
4) That the manufacturer has supplied #1 with an update.
5) All of the above conditions are true

Does Cox replicate the A/97 packets on all QAM channels, or
do you have to tune to the PBS QAM channel to get the update?

Ron

John Willkie wrote:

And, here's something new.  When I first did a digital channel scan, it
couldn't find any; I had to do a manual search.  The last time I ran a scan,
NOT ONLY had a new "Cable 1hr" scan option been installed, but it found all
the channels I had programmed, and more.  Perhaps I need to explain what
happened for the folks on Roosevelt Island.  The TV set -- through the QAM
tuner -- downloaded and installed a new scan option.  Without her paying a
cent, other than her basic analog cable monthly fee.  (Which she has thought
was too expensive for more than 42 years.)

Think your set top box can update a television set?  I know it "would be
difficult" via a RGB connection.