[opendtv] Re: DTV awareness

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:35:01 -0400

Dan Grimes wrote:

> Obviously that is a significant increase, but are they
> significant numbers?  It seems like a small number
> compared to a population of over 300,000,000.  But I do
> recognize, in light of the report, that it is a significant
> number compared to all inquiries for all topics.  However,
> I am surprised how low the numbers are for all categories.

Well, these are inquiries *to the FCC*. Not to the retail sector.

The numbers look to me like there is comparatively a lot of interest in
DTT. Would be nice if this creates the renewed interest in OTA TV as was
the case in Berlin when they went through their transition?

Like you say, it's all up to the broadcasters, to offer compelling
programming. Might be worth their while, in this climate of economic
"malaise." I saw a funny picture in the paper of a couple of young girls
demonstrating against high gasoline prices. Their sign said that "Mom
had to disconnect 'cabel' (sic)."

(She must have been half German.)