[opendtv] Re: DTV awareness

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:24:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

people I know that are unconnected to media except as consumers have been asking me about the transition for more than three years.

I'd say that for the otherwise uninformed, the "swipes" during entertainment programs, the public service announcements, the news items, and -- not to be forgotten -- the on-air demonstrations where all stations in a market turn off their analog transmitters at the same time, have helped.

Of course, what's really important in this regard is the high degree of cable/satellite penetration.

In the long run, the transition will become a copyright issue.  Which is why I (and I suspect Adam Goldberg) I suspect were the only folks regularly posting here to have read most if not all of that lengthy Copyright report.