[opendtv] Re: DTV awareness

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 09:21:22 -0400

At 3:40 PM -0400 7/3/08, Tom Barry wrote:
According to one news article (and only one I've seen) our local Gainesville CBS affiliate WGFL will but turning off analog TV early, in only a week or so from now. So far I have heard no other interest in this. It should be an interesting (to me) limited test of what will happen in Feb.

I doubt that many people will notice...

My guess is that WGFL is more concerned about cutting the power bill than cutting service to the small percentage of viewers in this market that may depend on their OTA signal.

I might add that the NTIA boxes are not easy to find in our market. Perhaps a reflection of the >93% cable subscription rate in Gainesville and the success of DBS in the outlying areas around Gainesville.