[opendtv] Re: DTV awareness

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:13:03 -0400

The last statistics I saw (<6 months ago) were that 50% of ALL cable
subscribers had ONLY direct-connected analog sets (no STB in the house at
ALL).  Of course, of those subscribers with >=1 STBs, there are still (on
average) >0 direct-connected analog sets (w/o STB).

Built-in decoders usage will depend on many things which I am unwilling to
comment on, however, it's rather clear that consumers generally prefer to
buy a "TELEVISION", not a monitor.  It doesn't matter (much) whether they're
using the reception/decoding circuitry.