[haiku] Re: Suggestions to change double click on window title behaviour

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 09:56:03 -0800

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 12:20 -0500, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > In closing, I do thank you for mentioning the list, because I have now also
> > subscribed. I had hoped to be pointed to it a little earlier, as I suppose
> > Johan does, too. So don't take it out on him, okay?
>
> Even as a long time member of the Haiku community I was only
> peripherally aware of the openbeos-cdt list. Obviously it has
> languished a bit since it still even has openbeos in the name. There
> also hasn't been an email on since July 2007. In fact the whole
> concept of a Creative Design Team (or any other "team") is pretty much
> Haiku/OpenBeOS history at this point.
>
> Also I'm pretty sure there have been a lot of UI discussions on this
> list and probably haiku-development too instead of openbeos-cdt for
> the last few years. So I'm not quite sure if Jorge's suggestion is
> correct, though I certainly see the motivation behind it since this
> email thread has gotten extremely long (as usual of UI discussions
> which are the definitive "bike shed" discussions.)

I realize that precedents are not in favor of my argument; but if our
website is going to state the following...

"This is a general discussion list. Use this list if you do not find a
list specific to the topic that you want to monitor or discuss."

...to describe this mailing list, then I don't think anyone can argue
that a discussion titled "Suggestions to change double click on window
title  behaviour" clearly has its place in openbeos-cdt or even the
Glass Elevator list.

> So I wonder instead of using the defunct openbeos-cdt list, should a
> new haiku-ui or haiku-design list be created? Or maybe freelists could
> do us another favor and rename openbeos-cdt?

What is wrong with using this list as is?

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki