[haiku] Re: Suggestions to change double click on window title behaviour

  • From: Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:30:47 -0400

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:38 AM, Johan Aires Rastén <johan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A little copy and paste from a comment I wrote on the forum, but I hear
> that all the important people hang out on the mailing lists so I'll say it
> here too.
>
> I think double click on window title is a bad design, reasons listed below,
> and therefore shouldn't be default behaviour.

I don't think double-click to minimize is 'bad' design...though double click
to close sounds like a bad idea.

but I think there should be a minimize button so that users wouldn't need to
read a manual just to use Haiku.

And there should also be a context menu on the tab which would include min,
max, close, send to back etc. The user would then be able to discover all
the UI functions and also their keyboard shortcuts.