[haiku] Re: Suggestions to change double click on window title behaviour

  • From: Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 14:34:24 -0500

2009/11/1 Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ari Haviv wrote:
> > > And there should also be a context menu on the tab
> > > which would include min, max, close, send to back etc.
> > > The user would then be able to discover all
> > > the UI functions and also their keyboard shortcuts.
> >
> > A context menu opened by middle-clicking would be good for
> > discoverability.
>
> A lot of people don't use content menus to explore a user
> interface, and the ones that do might miss a context menu
> that's not on the right mouse button. (They'd discover send-
> to-back though!)

Well, you're not just discovering functions on the context menu but also
their keyboard shortcuts so that you can eventually do everything without a
mouse.

If we create such a menu it might be smart to put it on the
> usual button for context menus, and instead use the middle
> mouse button for send-to-back.
>
> yup

> I personally find the window bar context menu in standard
> Ubuntu bloated and ugly. But that's of course just my opinion.
>
> > It should include a "Send To" or "Move To"
> > submenu for moving the window to another workspace.
>
> (FWIW, it's often faster to just grab a tab and use Alt-Fx to
>  move a window to that workspace.)

it's faster to do everything with keyboard shortcuts. but like I said, you
need the context menu to find them in the first place