[haiku] Re: Suggestions to change double click on window title behaviour

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:29:02 +0100 CET

Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ari Haviv wrote:
> > And there should also be a context menu on the tab
> > which would include min, max, close, send to back etc.
> > The user would then be able to discover all
> > the UI functions and also their keyboard shortcuts.
>
> A context menu opened by middle-clicking would be good for
> discoverability.

A lot of people don't use content menus to explore a user
interface, and the ones that do might miss a context menu
that's not on the right mouse button. (They'd discover send-
to-back though!)

If we create such a menu it might be smart to put it on the
usual button for context menus, and instead use the middle
mouse button for send-to-back.

I personally find the window bar context menu in standard
Ubuntu bloated and ugly. But that's of course just my opinion.

> It should include a "Send To" or "Move To"
> submenu for moving the window to another workspace.

(FWIW, it's often faster to just grab a tab and use Alt-Fx to
 move a window to that workspace.)

/Jonas.