[haiku] Re: Suggestions to change double click on window title behaviour

  • From: Dave Osbourne <super_dooper_dave_osbourne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 14:59:36 -0800 (PST)

Eddy wrote some anti eye candy comments:
Rumor has it that the needless eye candy you get with shift-doubleclick on a
title bar was there to allow demo GAWD steve-o the ability to show the power of
quartz and the bitblit transformation stuff in quartz.
Good bad or ugly, I use it all the time when I'm bored with fast shrinking
windows to remind myself why I dig OS X and the display engine so much.  Yep,
OSX is bloated, no question, mostly at the API (use to be clean in NS and OS
days, compared to today's wacky long method names) and at the kernel level, but
somehow the effect to the end user is there and folks dig it in the millions.
To have Haiku be an OS for the 'rest of us left over from the rest of us', its
going to need to be appealing at some level to folks that are on the fence or
looking for something better.  To leave things out that are classy eye candy is
going to leave a lot of folks behind.
Is that what you want, to have your own OS and nobody else using it?  Cool
stuff for the sake of cool stuff is OK in a lot of folks books.