[haiku] Re: Suggestions to change double click on window title behaviour

  • From: Maxime Simon <simon.maxime@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:35:39 +0100

> I don't think double-click to minimize is 'bad' design...though double
> click to close sounds like a bad idea.

+1
Different systems use double-click to minimize. That's not a 'bad' design at
all.
But I never saw double-click to close, that one sounds weird.

but I think there should be a minimize button so that users wouldn't need to
> read a manual just to use Haiku.

-1
The tab was designed to be minimal (it doesn't fit the length of the
window). And
I think that adding another button would weigh it down.
Besides, nowadays, monitors become more and more tall and we feel less and
less
the need to minimize windows, at least for me. :)
( That's also why I think that "maximize to screen" is a worse idea than
"maximize
to content". But that's another discussion. )

And there should also be a context menu on the tab which would include min,
> max, close, send to back etc. The user would then be able to discover all
> the UI functions and also their keyboard shortcuts.

+1
Adding a context menu isn't bad at all. First for people who don't know how
minimize a window, but also for them to discover the great features
(Stack&Tile ?).

Regards,
--
Maxime