[haiku] Re: Suggestions to change double click on window title behaviour

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:15:26 +0100

Ari Haviv wrote:

> I don't think double-click to minimize is 'bad' design...though double click
> to close sounds like a bad idea.

Agreed.

> but I think there should be a minimize button so that users wouldn't need to
> read a manual just to use Haiku.

First, it's not like you can't use the OS just because you can't
minimize windows. Second, how long does take until you discover what
double-click does? Two days? After that, a minimize button would just
take up space for no reason and make it easier to hit the wrong button
- having a single button on each side of the tab avoids this. I think
the design is more efficient the way it is.

> And there should also be a context menu on the tab which would include min,
> max, close, send to back etc. The user would then be able to discover all
> the UI functions and also their keyboard shortcuts.

A context menu opened by middle-clicking would be good for
discoverability. It should include a "Send To" or "Move To" submenu
for moving the window to another workspace.

-Truls