[haiku] Re: Japanese Haiku distribution "Basho" R1/Alpha 1 released

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 23:49:35 -0400

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you want to blame me for somebody else's inability to respond in a
> timely manner or even respond at all, be my guest. But as far as I am
> concerned, I made not accusations.

I looked over Jorge's emails in this particular thread and I don't see
anything particularly accusatory. And I tried to find it :)

> To me, you are either too sensitive or paranoid, and have this tendency
> to react emotionally rather than rationally to observations or criticism
> that are actually meant to make things better for the project.

I don't know if I see Rene being this way, maybe he is sometimes (well
we all are sometimes.) But I hope you can recognize your own ability
to at least BE PERCEIVED by the rest of us as getting emotional. Well
you've even written down that you were really pissed off in certain
emails. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, etc, etc.

I know you mean well. I know you want Haiku to succeed. You've done a
great job on the web-site and your marketing efforts. We all
appreciate that. And you have even admitted that your style of
communicating requires a thick skin for the other party sometimes. You
probably aren't going to change, and that is fine. But maybe just cut
us a little slack sometimes. That's all I ask.

I really don't think it needs to be this US vs THEM situation. Haiku,
Inc exists to serve the Haiku project. There is a lot of overlap
between the two. Well there is complete overlap since everyone
involved in Haiku, Inc is also involved in the Haiku project itself in
some way. We don't have some random executive on the board telling us
what to do. You should know Jorge, since you were once involved with
Haiku, Inc. But you chose to leave. That was your choice. Please do
what you can to help us succeed instead of trying to point out all the
ways we've failed.

--
Regards,
Ryan