[haiku] Re: Japanese Haiku distribution "Basho" R1/Alpha 1 released

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 14:53:33 +0200

Hi,

Jorge G. Mare schrieb:
The first step to getting helped is to recognize that there is a problem. It seems that for some Haiku people this first step is very hard to take. I can't help you with that.

From what I can tell, admitting the failures is not the big problem. The big problem is that Haiku, Inc. is simply not moving as fast as we all, including the people currently making decisions for Haiku, Inc. and managing the assets, want it to move. Things on multiple fronts are being worked on. Right now these are:

* Formulating the role and purpose of Haiku Inc to a state where it can be put up for public discussion/input and putting that on the web site.

* How to best go about enforcing the trademark policy with regards to Basho.

* Making a new financial report.

* Mailing forms to the IRS.

* ...

All of it is moving forward in tiny steps. Problems are being pointed out and acknowledged, some discussions die out for periods of time until someone reminds the others of them... Currently, Matt, Ryan, Urias and Axel are the most active. But the problem is still that things move forward too slowly, not that we won't admit that. Do we need more help? Yes, you bet! But you know firsthand how things can still be slow and how that can turn out to be frustrating.

Plus, as I mentioned in my other email, I am fed up with the emotional and irrational backlash that I get for pointing out issues.

Yes, that is not helpful.

Best regards,
-Stephan